Philosophy and Guidelines
Jim Redpath formulated the company’s philosophy at an early stage of our organization’s existence. The philosophy derived from his belief that the focus of every employee must be on doing a good job for the client. To this date, this fundamental principle is present on every worksite and in every corporate communication. All projects are viewed through the lens of how a decision or action will affect both the client and the company. The philosophy and guidelines are cited in decision-making, quoted in publications and pointed to in discussions. They continue to shape the organization.
Since 1962, Redpath has maintained the following four commitments:
Foremost among the “Guidelines for Success” established for our employees is this simple principle; “We are honest, fair and responsible.” This approach, coupled with the equally important declaration: “We work by our principles of safety first, last and always” establishes the firm foundation which we, the modern Redpath, continue to build our organization on. It defines how we deal with our clients, employees, business partners and other stakeholders in the projects we undertake and in the countries in which we work.
This approach enables us to:
- Incorporate sustainable business practices in our corporate strategies and decision-making.
- Demonstrate strong corporate governance, setting standards that are practical and sustainable in the long term.
- Act in the long-term interest of our organization and of our clients.
- Maintain effective risk management strategies and systems.
- Maintain compliance with applicable laws in the areas in which we operate.
- Maintain policies and practices to prevent conflict of interest, bribery and corruption.
- Incorporate innovation and continuous improvement into every aspect of what we do.
- Implement policies and use practices that avoid, prevent, mitigate and/or remedy health, safety and environmental impacts to workers and the natural environment.
- Ensure the use of responsible health, safety and environmental practices by business partners,suppliers and subcontractors.